Thursday, September 2, 2010

Klose hungry for another World Cup



Germany striker Miroslav Klose says he would like to carry on playing for the national side at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil at the age of 36.
Klose, who has now played at three World Cups, told the German football federation’s website in an interview published on Thursday he believed he could still play at the top level for several years.
“I’m only 32, that’s not that old,” he said. “If I am still fit in four years’ time and my performances are good why shouldn’t I play?” Klose has 14 World Cup goals, joint second with Gerd Mueller behind Ronaldo (15) in the list of all-time World Cup goal-scorers.
The Bayern Munich player has 52 international goals in 101 appearances, with only Mueller (68) and former East Germany international Joachim Streich (55) ahead of him in Germany.
Klose’s immediate target with the national side is to qualify for Euro 2012 which is being co-hosted by Poland and Ukraine.
Germany begins their qualifying campaign against Belgium in Brussels on Friday.
“Poland is the country of my birth and some of my family live there,” he said. “That’s why it is, of course, a big aim of mine to be there at the European Championships.
“I will be doing everything I can to help the German national team again. It would definitely be a special experience in my career.”

No comments:

Post a Comment