Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hameed denies he gave interview to NOTW



Categorically denying that he gave an interview to News of the World (NOTW), Pakistan Test opener Yasir Hameed on Sunday claimed that the tabloid had offered him money and British passport for not denying the story.
The tabloid quoted Yasir Hameed as saying that almost all Pakistan matches were fixed and he himself denied a mouth-watering offer from a bookie.
The new revelations further deepened the crisis which has engulfed Pakistan cricket as three of their players were suspended by the ICC and are being questioned by Scotland Yard in London for their alleged role in spot-fixing.
However, Hameed denied giving an interview to NOTW.
“I never knew they were recording anything. This guy came to me to talk about a bat sticker sponsorship deal. He started talking about NOTW stories and I just repeated them. I had a general discussion with him.
“The News of the World called up my brother and offered him money and British passport to not deny this story,” Hameed claimed.
Hameed, who played in the last two Tests against England, also claimed that the video had also been doctored.
“I have told the team management that the newspaper is claiming that I have given them an interview. This is not correct. I deny it,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment